Finally A Comic Book Review

Posted by WhenYourGodGivesYouLemons On 5:31 PM


After it was promised on Thursday I was finally able to get my hands on the new Aliens comic put out by Dark Horse. Now unless you've been living under a rock you've probably heard of Ridley Scott's highly successful Alien films, lucky for you if you have I've provided you with a link so you can get your ass up to speed. The original film, now coming up for its 30th birthday has spawned comics, books, sequels, toys, video games the whole shabang and now Dark Horse is releasing a new comic to celebrate this birthday.

First thing I noticed about this comic is the Aliens look slightly different to what I'm used to in the films. They have crazy little ant face claw things that are red near there mouth. Now I'm not sure if they've always had them and in this case they were soaked in blood so they were more noticable but to me they seemed new and different. The story is obviously a little vague as this is the first issue and it raises some interesting questions. A group of miners find a planet that's uninhabited and rich with resources, score and then they find strange alien artifacts, double score? Well at least they think so but as usual things are not as they seem. A second group is dispatched to the planet, a bunch of scientists to explore the alien artifacts but curiosity certainly gets to the cat and the miners do some exploring of their own and things get interesting from their. I don't want to ruin too much for you because it really is an interesting start to the series. At times the talking between characters was hard to follow and did not seem to have a natural flow yet I was reading this when I was quite tired so that may have affected me a little. Also to me it seemed to raise a lot of questions and not give very much background so there seems to be a lot to answer in the following issues. All in all it was a good first issue with a nice drawing style that certainly didn't let up on the violence and gore of the films and the Aliens certainly looked like they were from Scott's films, red face bits aside and was certainly well worth the price. I'll give Aliens #1 7 and a half slashes out of 10.

0 comments

Post a Comment